Thursday, January 22, 2015

SBC Scrapbook Challenges Design Team = Awesome

Is it true?  Did Scrapbook Challenges (aka-SBC) really pick me to be on their Design Team?  Heck yes they did and I'm so excited to be a part of their awesomeness.  They have weekly challenges to inspire your creativity.  



Isn't that an awesome sketch?  Their is so much you can do with it. Here's what I did:


I altered the sketch quite a bit.  I kept the basic design of the sketch, but moved stuff around.  For instance:  I used one photo instead of two, tightened up the layers, moved the embellishment clusters, and made it my own. 


To me, a sketch is a basic idea for me to make my own.  Sometimes my creations look exactly like the sketch, and sometimes totally different, but I always get some sort of inspiration in the process.


Do you use sketches?  If so, does your finished project resemble the sketch?



6 comments:

  1. Congrats, Andrea! You will be an awesome addition to their team! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new gig. Love your layout and your take on their sketch. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a cute kitty page! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been holding onto a picture I've been wanting to scrap for 2 years. When I saw this layout I had to re-create it using that picture. You are so inspiring!! I wanted to let you know I blogged it and credited you of course! Hope that was ok to scraplift your fab and inspiring layout! http://scrapworld-scrap2day.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, now aren't you just the sweetest in the world. I am so flattered that you like my creation. I'm planning on blogging regularly again, so I hope to keep in contact with you.

      Delete