Saturday, December 13, 2014

Studio Calico Blog: a Sketch and a Challenge

I played along with two Studio Calico Blog challenges this week.  First up is the Sunday Sketch  challenge:
I choose the scrapbook sketch to inspire me this week:


Now, this sketch is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I went for it anyway:



Though not my normal style of scrapping, I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I like how nothing really makes sense with my layout, but for some reason, comes together perfectly.  Funny how that works out.


Studio Calico's Weekly Challenge is to use tons of layers.  I am the Queen of Layering, well, self-appointed Queen.  

Here is my take on the Weekly Challenge:


I went crazy with my layering.  Behind my photo, I used: copy paper, patterned paper, project life cards, doilies, and die cuts.  I don't follow any design principles when I scrap.  I just stick stuff in places where I think it looks good.  To finish off my layout, I added wood veneer, enamel dots, white mist splatters, and a few other embellishments.  

For both of the challenges I used Studio Calico's Park Ave. Kits.  This has been my favorite kit since Camelot. I love how every piece works together.  

What challenges have you been taking part in?  I would love to here all about it.




3 comments: