Friday, January 2, 2015

A Jellyfish and a Challenge

Have you ever made a piñata before?  They are relatively easy to make and SUPER in-expensive.  I actually buy all my supplies at the Dollar Tree for about $10.  So far, I've made two piñatas in my life and they turned out AMAZING!  (sorry for bragging) I followed THIS TUTORIAL BY HONESTLYYUM.  

Last year, my good friend, Bonnie,  asked me to make a jellyfish piñata for her daughter's "under the sea" birthday party.  Of course I said yeas, I'm always up for a challenge.  And a challenge it was.......planning this ridiculous jellyfish was no easy task.  So I asked for help from the most crafty girl I know, my neighbor Jessica.  She had so many awesome ideas for getting this thing to resemble a piñata.  Take a look:




Didn't the tentacles turn out cool?  They were Jessica's idea.  They are actually made out of strips of plastic table clothes from the Dollar Tree.  


I made this layout as a Guest Designer for CSI.  This month they are having an amazing challenge with awesome prizes.  The challenge closes on Jan 31st, so you still have tons of time to join in the fun.  Here is what Major Case File No. 151 looks like:



Scrapping these photos has me itching to make a piñata again.  Have you ever made a piñata?  

P.S.- I miss you Jessica!





No comments:

Post a Comment