Thursday, January 1, 2015

My 2015 Scrappy Happy Resolutions

Happy New Year!

Before I go any further, I need to be honest.  I have never been a big New Year person.  I think because I'm still partially in a Christmas mode and sort of frustrated with the holiday decorations, trees, and boxes that need to be filled and stored. However, this year has been a little different.  I found myself thinking back over 2014 and realizing what a great year it has been for our family.  I think scrapbooking literally shows me everything we have done together and how much my son has grown.  I now can honestly say that I appreciate the New Year and the fresh-start-feeling it brings.

Yesterday I started making a few "New Year Resolutions Lists" including: Our Home Cleaning & Decluttering, Blog Goals, Scrapbooking, and Our Home DIY Projects.  I'm only sharing one with you today. Here they are in no particular order:


My 2015 Scrappy Happy Resolutions

  • Put finished layouts in page protectors then into albums.
  • Journal more. 
  • Try a 2015 "Keeping up with the Joneses" album.
  • Stick with a monthly Project Life approach.
  • More Mixed Media and Artsy stuff.
  • Scrap more about me & my childhood.
  • Scrap more about my husband & his childhood.
  • Scrap more family members, near and far.
  • Make Youtube process videos.
  • Make my own sketches.
  • Go through my Studio Calico online classes again, start to finish.
  • Use more stash items.
  • Budget my purchases
  • Schedule my creative time.
  • Apply for design teams.
  • Use more Project Life cards on my layouts.
  • Organize my scrap area.
  • Build a shelf for my albums.
  • Organize photos on computer.
  • Print photos at the beginning of each month.
  • Learn more about photography.
  • Actually send out cards and mini album gifts ON TIME!
  • ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!


This this seems a little intimidating, but I keep telling myself that I have an entire year to complete these things.  And even if I don't do all of them, at least I may improve with a few new ideas.  What is your #1 Scrappy Happy Resolution for 2015?



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Goals :) So I should do myself :) Looking forward to craftyness

    ReplyDelete